Milites Dei Academy offers young people (ages 17-25) a qualification, assists with job placements and educates future leaders that completed Grade 12, or could not complete Grade 12, dropped out at Grade 9, 10 or 11.
The next intake will be 26-30 July 2016.
We are on a farm 25km from White River and the student stays in residence with us during the different phases of the education.
We work with nature and its challenges to educate and teach. Our classes are presented in and around the farm in class rooms and in a private bush. You can look at our webpage http://www.militesdei.com to see all the activities as well as the surroundings.
We are a family business and together we have 66 years of experience in education and training. We also do not give up on a student and continue to assist until successful.
Most importantly,Parents can bring the student and do sightseeing in our area such as God’s Window, Kruger Park, Sudwana Caves, etc.
We also have a good relationship with Lime Time Shuttle that regularly travels with our students from and to Gauteng, North West and the Free State.
Students further away could fly to OR Tambo where Lime Time will pick up or fly to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport where we will pick the student up.
The education unfolds in 5 steps as below.
Step 1- Pre Selection 26 – 30 Julie
Before you spend all your money on education that might not be suitable for the student, Milites Dei offers the pre-selection event. In the pre-selection, the following will be completed:
- Phobias (psychological tests, camouflage, heights, bush shelter building, water, survival, fire, etc.)
Step 2 – Seven (7) Day Intense Survival
Only if the student shows the ability and the drive to actually become part of a military style type of education, the student starts the education with the seven (7) days intense survival. The seven (7) days unfolds as follows:
- Tw0 (2) days theory about how to survive in nature with almost no resources;
- Five (5) days without any resources left in the bush in a 2 km radius from the training head office / farm house.
- Students will participate in the following:Procure water and foodBush craftNavigationHuntingPoaching awareness
- Bush First Aid
- Stress management
- Basic embankment, evasion, recovery
- Making fire
Step 3 – Three (3) Months Basics
In the three (3) months basics, the student will follow a tight schedule consisting of fitness, attending classes, SEAR, self defence, hobbies, guarding, drilling, self-study; bungalow pride, uniform pride and free time. The student will complete numerous certificates in this time and to list a few:
- Manufacture a Ghillie Suit;
- Emotional Intelligence;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Economics In SA;
- PSiRA Grades E-A;
- Drivers Learners;
- Fire Arm Competencies and Law;
- Rope Work;
- Navigation; and
Step 4 – Specialist Security Practices Accredited Qualification
In step 4, the student will complete a South African SAQA accredited qualification, FETC: Specialist Security Practices, SAQA Id 57713 NQF-Level 4.
- First of all we enrol the student for a code 10 or 8 drivers licence classes and test. The informal classes’ takes place in the Kruger Park which is perfect to practice stop and pull away when looking for animals.
- The student will complete 33 subjects in this step of the qualification.
Step 5 – Extra Electives
On special request and affordable pricing step 5 could include:
- VIP Protection
- PADI Diving
- Skipper Licence
- Dog Handling
Amareza Buys – Education Specialist
Mobile: +27 81 478 8018 Fax: +27 86 27 27 222 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.militesdei.com
The next intake will be 26-30 July 2016